Jesus is Inviting You: "Come to me" Jesus is inviting you to come into a relationship with Himself. Jesus is telling you "Come to me...and I will give you rest." This is a promise by God, for only God can make a such a promise. If you come to Him, then He will give you rest. Coming to Jesus means entering into His presence. Walking up to Him in your mind and heart with all that you are and with all that you have done, and talking and sharing with Him all that your heart holds. You might be thinking, "Oh, I can't do that...with all that I am...." But Jesus wants you just the way you are. Jesus doesn't put any restrictions on His invitation, except that He wants you to come. Jesus says directly "Come". And He attaches a promise to it. That If you come, He will give you rest." The only condition to that promise is that you must come to Him in order for Him to fulfill His promise.